History

CGS Services, Inc. was established in 1946 by our Grandfather and Father. It continues to be a family owned and operated business today now into the fourth generation. While the techniques, equipment and faces may have changed, the basic philosophy has remained the same, dependability, honesty and quality of product and service will not be sacrificed.

CGS Services, Inc. began as family farm in 1946 by Elmer Caldwell as he moved his family here to Morristown. After returning from the Army, Paul Caldwell joined his Dad in the small farming operation steadily hauling out areas of gravel, rock and clay that made it very difficult to farm. Slowly they began screening and digging out more and more of the various dirt and gravel products from this clay ridden farm and eventually committed to the gravel operation.

In 1968 the business incorporated as Caldwell Gravel Sales, Inc.

In 1971 they received their first Sanitary Landfill Permit.

After growing into the hauling business, Paul felt it necessary to make the name change, and in August of 1993 the business name was changed to CGS Services, Inc. to add versatility.

evo-packer

Bomag-1990

hot-mix-plant-II-1996

unit-III

kids-on-tour-at-recylcling-plant

fire

Caldwell-Gravel-A-Frame-Scale-Office-1973

Driver-Heros-save-mom-and-infant-from-burning-home

September-1985 - Copy

new-office-1991

2005-office-demolished

expansion-approved-1991

Expansion-Permit-1994

plant-vehicle

trade-fair-1994 Small